Monday, November 24, 2008

My Carbon Footprint





A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact that someone’s activities will have on the environment, measured in units of carbon dioxide produced. To reduce a carbon footprint is beneficial to the environment, which is why there are calculators to measure and reduce these footprints.
I calculated my footprint at the
http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/ website and got score 20.4.


I realized that I could do a lot more than I do to help out in the world. I do consume a lot of electricity and use the air-conditioner and lights an awful a lot. Second of all, I feel I should really try eating healthier and be on a better diet of foods.Third, I could do my part to make more space at home and be cleaner.



I have a habit of leaving electricity swishes on standby all the time. My computer, the T.V. and the even my Sony. I have made a lot of reductions. I hope that because I never have a room without switching off any appliances I have been using. I always make sure not to download at night or overload on electricity. Second I need to start trying dome fresh fruits and eating a variety of fresh vegetables in my diet. I usually eat a little more fish because I really like fish. I will cut down on any lambor or beef products. Third I'm making more space in my house. I'm rearranging things and getting rid of useless things, like old papers, boxes and junk. I always make sure to clean after myself and not leave needless trash around the floor.


To sum, I think the world would be a better place with low carbon footprint. Everyone can take a step toward making our world a better place to live and cleaner.

No comments: